Treatment Foster Care
Operating in Wayne County, Treatment Foster Care (TFC) is a community-based model program for adjudicated youth that utilizes licensed foster care homes and provides gender-specific and intensive in-home services to males and females ages 13 to 17 years. Youth entering TFC may be returning to the community from a residential placement or are being diverted from a residential placement and do not have appropriate homes to return to within their community. The specially-trained TFC staff provides:
- Foster home recruitment, training and intensive ongoing support
- Assignment of a specialized Treatment Team to each foster home that works closely with the youth and foster parents
- Full range of mental health services by Master-level Practitioners
- Mentoring and 24-hour crisis intervention
- Age-appropriate reimbursement to foster parents to help defray costs
To find out more information and how you can make a big difference in the life of a teen, contact our Treatment Foster Care program at (313) 396-1800.